The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #721
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Oh, I've heard this group on the local college radio shows before. I actually like this style of music (cuz it's harder to sing), but I'm curious what kind of song they could be doing for the movie.... This is a very different treatment I expected for the movie. I was hoping that we'd have an actual score...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
I sure hope so... I want a good Japanese influenced soundtrack.
Exactly. This. I don't want the sound of turtles for this movie to be clouded with pop culture music. I loved the new trailer but hated how they put skrillex techno dub step music in it. The Dark Knight and man of steel route would be better for turtles in terms of sound. Just a beautifully crafted score throughout the movie and credits, with a Japanese influence. Putting pop culture music in the movie seems to give it a more generic feel in my opinion.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #722
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Just noticed the Paramount Pictures Australia Twitter tweet this. There's an animated GIF of Mikey riding the Skateboard in the Sewer, But it goes on a little longer as you can see the Rockets powering up and the Skateboard flying up. Can't seem to post the GIF since its using Flash.
https://twitter.com/ParamountAU/stat...19836279242752
Quote:
@ParamountAU

Rocket‐powered ollies, anyone? #TMNTMovie
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #723
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Just a beautifully crafted score throughout the movie and credits, with a Japanese influence. Putting pop culture music in the movie seems to give it a more generic feel in my opinion.
If this were a "real" movie I'd agree with you. But it's not. Better it be riddled with all sorts of very 2014 pop culture music in it to horribly date and anchor this movie to what will almost certainly be not-so-fondly remembered in the years to come as a very black moment in TMNT history.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #724
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Oh cool there's a Nick Turtles movie coming to theaters Aug 8th!
Now that would have been better.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #725
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
30min Behind the Scenes of TMNT 2014 special on Nickelodeon

Quote:
Following Kids’ Choice Sports on Thursday, July 17 is a half-hour special taking viewers behind the scenes of the upcoming live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
Source
http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/07/0...remiere-recap/
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #726
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
30min Behind the Scenes of TMNT 2014 special on Nickelodeon



http://www.nickandmore.com/2014/07/0...remiere-recap/
Someone will have to record that, In fact, I'll probably have to set my Tivo to record that.

I'm sure this special is going to show a bunch of new scenes.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305

Last edited by TigerClaw; 07-03-2014 at 05:37 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #727
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Someone will have to record that, In fact, I'll probably have to set my Tivo to record that.

I'm sure this special is going to show a bunch of new scenes.
I love behind the scenes footage. While I wouldn't say no to new movie footage, I would prefer to see b-roll; maybe even see the stunt crew in Turtle mocap suits rehearsing fights.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #728
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post


Though to be fair, this might be the best marketing strategy they've had yet. That version of the Turtles isn't getting such a mixed reaction, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Oh cool there's a Nick Turtles movie coming to theaters Aug 8th!
Now that I would buy a ticket to see.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #729
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Regarding the new BTS special, I'm really conflicted if I should watch it or not. It's going to give SOO much away, so much of the story that I don't know if I want to go in knowing, and so many scenes I don't know if I want to go in having seen.

Also, a Nickelodeon TMNT movie would be AMAZING. Higher quality CGI (because of better funding), super in depth story ... that would be amazing.
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #730
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I highly doubt it's going to give much away at ALL. It will probably be the actors saying "Hi, I'm so&so, I play so&so. The TMNT are awesome. This was fun, you'll love it." with a few stage & mocap shots thrown in. I Guarantee it. If it does give away anything else, I wouldn't bet on it being more revealing than the last trailer.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #731
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Plus the Special will probably be kid centric since its on Nickelodeon, They are not gonna get to heavily in dept on the making of the film, Since Kids today wouldn't understand all that stuff.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #732
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I highly doubt it's going to give much away at ALL. It will probably be the actors saying "Hi, I'm so&so, I play so&so. The TMNT are awesome. This was fun, you'll love it." with a few stage & mocap shots thrown in. I Guarantee it. If it does give away anything else, I wouldn't bet on it being more revealing than the last trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Plus the Special will probably be kid centric since its on Nickelodeon, They are not gonna get to heavily in dept on the making of the film, Since Kids today wouldn't understand all that stuff.
That's what I'm hoping, but for a guy who usually ignores trailers because he doesn't want to be spoiled and is making an exception for this movie, a part of me, whenever some new footage comes out, cringes, because I've gotten used to not going into the theatre with much knowledge of scenes. Haha. That's just who I am, I guess.

If they do have what you talked about, Powder, I'm really hoping to see some of Pete Potlzac (or however you spell his name) as Leo and Danny Woodburn as Splinter, to see what we could've gotten before Tony and Johnny joined.

I'll watch it, but I really hope they don't show too much (however, I'm probably expecting more of Nick then what they will realistically show; Powder, you are probably spot on).
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:19 PM   #733
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Looking forward to seeing the BTS on Nick, when is that, again?

Also, Playmates is now advertising the movie on their website, with a section for all the new toys plus a countdown to the premiere.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #734
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the BTS on Nick, when is that, again?

Also, Playmates is now advertising the movie on their website, with a section for all the new toys plus a countdown to the premiere.
On July 17, I believe after the Kids Choice Sports.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #735
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
On July 17, I believe after the Kids Choice Sports.
Cool, I'll have to record that. Hopefully they'll show some new stuff, but I'm pretty sure they'll just do exactly what Powder said. Still worth a watch I guess.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #736
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=480%2C445
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:56 PM   #737
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
very cool!
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #738
CrazySquirrel
Foot Soldier
 
CrazySquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 147
That billboard is awesome. Also the Skrillex track MADE that trailer. Sick.
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #739
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
The more I look at the promotional material the more I think they should have stuck to their guns and called it Ninja Turtles. The ‘teenage’ and ‘mutant’ just look like they’ve been added on after, reluctantly. The font design would suit it better if it was just called Ninja Turtles. After they decided to add in the other two words they should have come up with another logo design, IMO.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #740
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Nice find! And Its Leonardo.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.