The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #81
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
.........I know it's a kids show, but appealing to more people would only help them.

short term they will enjoy this stuff....long term this show won't be helping itself.
I'm sorry, but I can't help but read this and the first thing that comes to mind is the new movie...

Is that wrong?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #82
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't help but read this and the first thing that comes to mind is the new movie...

Is that wrong?
no, I can see kids later on seeing the problems of the 2014 movie.

I mean I enjoyed it XD but even I know there were problems.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #83
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
short term they will enjoy this stuff....long term this show won't be helping itself.
Right, because you know sooooo much about show biz.

Take your folders of in depth industry analyses to the offices of Nickelodeon and have a meeting with them, then. Tell me how it goes.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #84
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Right, because you know sooooo much about show biz.

Take your folders of in depth industry analyses to the offices of Nickelodeon and have a meeting with them, then. Tell me how it goes.


Look I can't take your posts seriously if your just gonna be rude.
So I'll give you a minute to work that out.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM   #85
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Because someone who posts dumb gifs as responses are full of sincerity.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #86
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Because someone who posts dumb gifs as responses are full of sincerity.
Well, what do you want from me?

All I ask is that we be cool with each other, but your over here being rude and sarcastic?

what kind of responses do you want from me? You post something rude....do you expect me to be nice?? Do you expect me to be rude back to you??

or can we just not argue ?
__________________

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 09-08-2014 at 04:22 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #87
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
if people talk alot about it that doesn't automatically mean it's good for the show!

People talked alot about the love triangles in Legend of Korra (more bad than good) and that didn't help the show one bit!

(XD I gotta stop using LOK as an example, but it works)
LoK is amazing. Ten points to you. XD
Also, give me either Korsami or Korlin and I'll be happy. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I wouldn't say taken a toll on the show, but rather fan perception of what's the most interesting new take of this version. There's ton of things to talk about, people just choose to talk about this. It just goes to show that whether you like it or loathe it, it's good for the show.

It's generating discussion and people are talking about it. Can you imagine what we would have been talking during this 2 month wait if not for this, or the leaked April kissing Donnie boards?


Probably would have gotten pretty dull around here. This has people talking, and the people that say it's annoying and bad, haven't stopped watching.

So it's not like it's a death nail to the show's fandom.
It's getting aggravating because they've made episodes SPECIFICALLY for it. Rather than giving us an actual good filler episode such as Newtralizer, they chose to gave us some BS that's not going to come into play after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's not bad writing to its target audience, is his point.
No one said it's bad writing. And its target audience isn't just kids, you can tell how much the creators glorify the TMNT fanbase.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #88
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
No one said it's bad writing.
Someone said it was bad writing in the very f*cking post I quoted.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #89
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Someone said it was bad writing in the very f*cking post I quoted.
If they mean bad writing in terms of each episode's script, no, it's not bad.

Now, if they mean this constant Apriltello filler, yeah, it's a bit aggravating.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #90
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Look don't get hostile, I'm talking calmly so you can talk calmly too. If you want to stop debating with me you can.

anyway I went over to the TMNT Nick discussion boards....and your right...they do love shipping...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7fbdeb33c...4nfqo1_500.gif
(Some are getting annoyed by it too but most are pairing like crazy)

If they are gonna make shipping for the kids they could AT LEAST make it tolerable for us teen/adults.........I know it's a kids show, but appealing to more people would only help them.

short term they will enjoy this stuff....long term this show won't be helping itself.
You're preaching to the choir, sister, but Nick doesn't seem concern with holding with a establish audience (that must be why they hate Legend of Korra!). If it means not having a establish storyline, then it will make easier for new people to get into the show.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #91
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
You're preaching to the choir, sister, but Nick doesn't seem concern with holding with a establish audience (that must be why they hate Legend of Korra!). If it means not having a establish storyline, then it will make easier for new people to get into the show.
Hmph. I didn't get into 24 until midway of season 5. Watched just a few episodes of that and I was hooked, and that is like the poster child of a continously run series. Well, I think Nick TMNT is slowly going to go that route. The last few episodes, from The Wrath of Tiger Claw to Vengence is Mine has been more or less, a continued storyline. Not to mention, there are hints here and there to showcase the continued storylines (like right now, we see Donnie is drafting on blueprint paper his next contraption, and we will be seeing it pretty soon, judging by the teasers from SDCC)

I think the only thing that could hurt TMNT, is the constant bouncing around the time slots. They need to find a time slot and stick with it. Fridays at 8pm would be perfect for me. But, other than that, I see no reason why Nick TMNT wouldn't allow the Turtles to grow and evolve. It could be nice to see this like we got to see Harry Potter kids grow and evolve over 7 years.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:53 PM   #92
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Hmph. I didn't get into 24 until midway of season 5. Watched just a few episodes of that and I was hooked, and that is like the poster child of a continously run series. Well, I think Nick TMNT is slowly going to go that route. The last few episodes, from The Wrath of Tiger Claw to Vengence is Mine has been more or less, a continued storyline. Not to mention, there are hints here and there to showcase the continued storylines (like right now, we see Donnie is drafting on blueprint paper his next contraption, and we will be seeing it pretty soon, judging by the teasers from SDCC)

I think the only thing that could hurt TMNT, is the constant bouncing around the time slots. They need to find a time slot and stick with it. Fridays at 8pm would be perfect for me. But, other than that, I see no reason why Nick TMNT wouldn't allow the Turtles to grow and evolve. It could be nice to see this like we got to see Harry Potter kids grow and evolve over 7 years.
Seeing how the turtles are so young it would be a pretty cool experience to watch them as they grow up to become men. If there's one thing I want to see done right it would be a coming of age story that centered around the four turtles. To me that kind of story has so much potential. I don't know why but season 1 felt like it was going somewhere in that direction.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 09-09-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #93
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Perhaps the vision quest could be their Chunin exam.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #94
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
I may have brought this up a long time ago, but I'll ask again.

I'm I the only person that thinks that "Donnie Saves a Princess" game on the Nick website *Plus Mazes & Mutants now that I think about it* is possibly foreshadowing who April will end up being revealed as later in the show?
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #95
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
^ I hope not. I don't see any chemistry between those two and I hate how it's being developed.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #96
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
^ I hope not. I don't see any chemistry between those two and I hate how it's being developed.
Ditto sadly.... April has nothing in common with Donnie....when is the last time they had a normal conversation (I thinks when she was trying to give away ICkitty) at least with Jones she hangs out with him just to hang (movies, iceskating, pizza place)

even though...I'm becoming convinced that April was made primarily to be Don's love interest....I mean why else is she there?? She's not really friends with any of the other turtles and she only shows up to move her plot (or Donnie's romance subplot)

So....I'm bracing for Apriltello.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #97
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Ditto sadly.... April has nothing in common with Donnie....when is the last time they had a normal conversation (I thinks when she was trying to give away ICkitty) at least with Jones she hangs out with him just to hang (movies, iceskating, pizza place)

even though...I'm becoming convinced that April was made primarily to be Don's love interest....I mean why else is she there?? She's not really friends with any of the other turtles and she only shows up to move her plot (or Donnie's romance subplot)

So....I'm bracing for Apriltello.
That's not totally true! April has interacted with some of the other Turtles before without her being the love interest or the topic at hand!



And granted, we haven't seen how April is with Donnie when she is hanging out with him. This show isn't exactly big on the slow moments, it concentrates on as much wall to wall action as possible. I feel more chemistry between Donnie and April far more than I ever feel with Casey and April.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #98
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
That's not totally true! April has interacted with some of the other Turtles before without her being the love interest or the topic at hand!

yes!! and I love those quick moments!!!

unfortunately....it doesn't happen nearly as much as it should....in fact it's only happened 3 times...(including that one). for a series that's going on it's 3rd season soon...that's not much to rave about at all...

and to add

lots of shows take the time to have characters interact with other characters to develop them....ATLA/ Young justice/Teen Titans
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #99
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
^Yeah, scenes like this with Leo I absolutely adore. This one, the little tea time girl, the awkward scene with Karai getting in his face. I much prefer Leonardo in those situations as opposed to the one who cries about his fear of failing.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #100
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
I may have brought this up a long time ago, but I'll ask again.

I'm I the only person that thinks that "Donnie Saves a Princess" game on the Nick website *Plus Mazes & Mutants now that I think about it* is possibly foreshadowing who April will end up being revealed as later in the show?
Neutrino princess? I don't think so, but it would be pretty cool.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.