The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #401
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier
 
FoxBoxKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Cubed, we all understand that you love the OT show, but can you stop forcing your opinion on others.
I honestly think he has some sort of empathy disorder.
__________________
cow·a·bun·gler
/ˌkou-əˈbəNG(ə)lər/
noun informal
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #402
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
I agree with you in part. yes raph and mikey get bady under used. Donnie is my favourite so at first I dont mind because this is the only time he has been give any real importance as a character. which seems insane to because they would not be able to do half of what they do without him. I disagree with you only that when they do use raph and mikey it is great. they don't get much screen time, but when they do they shine and are just great. they were the bets part of the final for me. that hug scene was great. the problem is yes Donnie may get more screen time, but he is never really cool. honestly when was the last time he was allowed to be cool and badass really. he has the least to do in eth final and apart for the fight with leo and the scene with april has just seems to subtly direct the other. i get why he did that, but it was annoying. he never really got fight. so honestly i would rather have my favourite character used less but better, then more and poorly. that is just me.
Well, one of my reasons Raphael has remained my favorite, is because he's usually the one to get down and get his hands dirty by throwing the first punch, and just being a really entertaining fighter. Leo is great too, but he's just too wooden of a personality for me, whereas, Raph is shouting out insults and one liners while the beat down goes on. He kind of reminds me as the Tony Stark of the group in terms of personality, and it entertains the hell out of me. I agree, the times when it show's Raph's compassion and protectiveness of his brothers is fantastic, but, it's only good for so long if they don't do something with that aspect. I don't know about you, but I want to see my Raphael giving as much ass kicking as he does his hugs and pep talks! As much as the 2k3 showcased Leo all of the time, it still had time to showcase Raphael kicking some serious ass as well. Heck, even the old toon did this, giving out funny one liners while throwing Shredder out of the way. I want more of this, not the bully Raph or the one who is always getting caught or running away or being mind controlled, or not even there!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #403
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Anyone who's actually judging Seth Green's Voice as Leo by that one tiny line is a complete idiot.
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #404
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Well, one of my reasons Raphael has remained my favorite, is because he's usually the one to get down and get his hands dirty by throwing the first punch, and just being a really entertaining fighter. Leo is great too, but he's just too wooden of a personality for me, whereas, Raph is shouting out insults and one liners while the beat down goes on. He kind of reminds me as the Tony Stark of the group in terms of personality, and it entertains the hell out of me. I agree, the times when it show's Raph's compassion and protectiveness of his brothers is fantastic, but, it's only good for so long if they don't do something with that aspect. I don't know about you, but I want to see my Raphael giving as much ass kicking as he does his hugs and pep talks! As much as the 2k3 showcased Leo all of the time, it still had time to showcase Raphael kicking some serious ass as well. Heck, even the old toon did this, giving out funny one liners while throwing Shredder out of the way. I want more of this, not the bully Raph or the one who is always getting caught or running away or being mind controlled, or not even there!
I agree totally. I really hate as I said before that leo gets all the best fights.
__________________
24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...alsgo1_250.gif
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #405
Jinxed-Outtaluck
Random Punk
 
Jinxed-Outtaluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
I agree totally. I really hate as I said before that leo gets all the best fights.
I also agree. Raph is supposed to be the one to throw the first punch. I realize that there has probably been a time shift between the finale and season 3..BUT Leo just got the beat down of his life and he's already STANDING and FIGHTING?! I just think that's too much too quickly. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Leo back in action, I think it would have been more appropriate for Raph to stepup as the family defender.
Jinxed-Outtaluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #406
OrangeNinja1987
Foot Soldier
 
OrangeNinja1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 223
Judging by how Leonardo sounds in that clip, I'll just say he's doing his Batman voice, for the rest of the series.

I'm not sure if I like it or not yet, but it was jarring. It doesn't seem like the same Leonardo anymore, but I guess his character has to mature now that his voice has. I'm going to miss the Space Heroes-geek Leo.
__________________
DON: We've got to find that bomb! And we've only got eight minutes to do it! RAPH: Excuse me; is that including the commercial break? - 1987

For TMNT art and more, check out OrangeNinja1987 on Deviantart! http://orangeninja1987.deviantart.com/
To help with a current TMNT project: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=53441
Proud fan of the TMNT 2014 movie
OrangeNinja1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #407
zantha
Random Punk
 
zantha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed-Outtaluck View Post
I also agree. Raph is supposed to be the one to throw the first punch. I realize that there has probably been a time shift between the finale and season 3..BUT Leo just got the beat down of his life and he's already STANDING and FIGHTING?! I just think that's too much too quickly. As much as I'm looking forward to seeing Leo back in action, I think it would have been more appropriate for Raph to stepup as the family defender.
Or Donnie or Mikey. I hate that they also keep up the idea that they are weaker than Leo and Raph. I really don't see that they are. it has been set up that Mikey has the most natural talent and Donnie knows more moves and strategies than any of the others. he just cant physically pull them off. even more time and experience and they will be stronger and better ninja than their brothers. as I believe they have the mental skills to go further. their is only so far you can push yourself physically
zantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #408
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Man, I wish I could watch that video! Stupid Internet minutes! Ah, well, I can wait. So it looks like Leo isn't down for the count after all and is going to save his brothers. Can't wait for next week then.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #409
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Ironman's military buddy. In the first movie, he was played by Terrence Howard, but then Howard began to bitch about something and Marvel replaced his ass with Don Cheadle for the rest of the series. What's even more amazing, the fact that Howard bitched even though he was the highest paid actor on the set, even more than RDJ!
James 'Rhodey' Rhodes not Brody.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #410
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Reported, called the police, alerted the FBI.
Wait, what? Am I missing something?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #411
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
I am not digging Seth Green's voice because it sounds exactly like Seth Green and not Leonardo. Its like he wasn't even trying.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #412
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I am not digging Seth Green's voice because it sounds exactly like Seth Green and not Leonardo. Its like he wasn't even trying.
Oh good god...

So that means you hate Greg's Mikey, Rob's Donnie, Sean's Raph, Mae's April, Gilbert's Kraang Sub-Prime, ...get a clue. Do you even realize how stupid you sound...
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:39 PM   #413
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Oh good god...

So that means you hate Greg's Mikey, Rob's Donnie, Sean's Raph, Mae's April, Gilbert's Kraang Sub-Prime, ...get a clue. Do you even realize how stupid you sound...
My point is it sounds like Seth Green himself, not the Leonardo voice that Dom copied off of Bigg's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #414
saber16
Foot Soldier
 
saber16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My point is it sounds like Seth Green himself, not the Leonardo voice that Dom copied off of Bigg's.
All from one line.

"Seth said one line as Leo, and from that line alone I know THEY CHOSE THE WRONG VOICE ACTOR!"

It's still to early to tell, but I like Green's take on Leo. It's not an imitation of the original voice, but it's his own thing.
Honestly, I found Dominic's impression of Bigg's Leo was a bit more distracting. The imitation was good, but the delivery felt off.

As for re-writing the show to fit his new voice... seriously? The voice sounds deeper, but given the context of the scene, with his brothers and Casey being held hostage he's going to sound serious. I'll need to hear some more lines to get a better idea of the range he can take with the role, but so far I'm liking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Cartoons don't need to be all mature and angsty. That's the reason Nick's TMNT is a success, its humourous and aimed at kids.
But if one little thing is off, they'll feel the might of Cybercubed.
__________________
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #415
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
My point is it sounds like Seth Green himself, not the Leonardo voice that Dom copied off of Bigg's.
But Leo is supposed to be maturing. His voice might've changed if Shredder crushed his lungs or something.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #416
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
I know he will most likely feel guilty, but I don't see why he should. nothing that happened was his fault. it is was any ones it was Leo's really. it is not stated, but by the progress that Donnie made with the turtle mech, it can be assumed that it has been at least a few days since into dimension x. that would have been enough time for Leo to but his plan of a back out base into action, but he never did. why he was doing what we don't know, Donnie was working on his plan. Leo should have learned to listen to his brothers, his team and not just tell them what to do. they have a right to have a say, and sometimes now more than he dose.

I actually I just realised that the only one that he has a problem really listening to is Donnie.

all in all I am excited and disappointed a little by the clip and the way things look like they are going to go.
Well, they did argue, and maybe if they hadn't, they wouldn't have gotten separated in the first place...that's probably what's going on through his mind even if realistically it probably would've happened anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
If Leo's character begins to get darker as the series progresses, I don't mind him having a deeper, darker voice as he "matures".

Perhaps that's what they were going for.
You could be right. I played the clip. That Creep is awesome too. I'm going to enjoy this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I want Dom back.
I do wonder why they felt the need to replace him anyway and get Seth. It's just one clip so I can't judge Seth yet, but that deep voice was weird to hear. lol

Oh I so hope they make a brief or subtle voice change joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Yep, I think I stopped watching the 80's TMNT when they changed Raphael's voice, because it was just that, too jarring for me. But, I was a stupid kid back then. Now, I could care less at the moment. Although, I am hopeful that maybe Sean Astin will drop out and maybe Nolan North will reprise the Raphael role.
I really like Astin as Raph. That aside, I never noticed voice changes much as a kid with this show unless it extremely obvious, like the alternates for Raphael and Donatello. I think this is another reason why, as a kid, I loathed the European Vacation eps. Raph's replacement for the last couple of seasons wasn't bad. At least it wasn't a guy overly trying while doing bad Groucho Marx impressions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
But I don't like it. Seth Green is all wrong for Leo.

Dom really was the perfect Bigg's replacement.
Oh well. Nothing you can do about it, but the voice will probably grow on you in time...just like Dom did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm willing to bet when the first Season 3 ep airs on TV and we hear a lot of Leo lines, you guys won't like it either. Sounds like Leo went from being a 15 year old kid to a 20 year old in the span of getting beaten up by Shredder.
Funny how puberty works, eh?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #417
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by zantha View Post
that is totally right. that is what should have happened. a good leader would have done that. it seems so simple. leo can take a small group to set up a new base, while the others stay behind to help Donnie with the mech.
I also thought. it leo wanted to just leave the city, does that mean that he wanted to just leave the city to be destroyed. leo at this point actually seems like the worst choice to be leader. milky showed he could do a better job. leo just has to get over himself and listen to his brothers, judging from the clip if he has to save them again, then I don't think that will happen. he will keep thinking that he is always right.
Leo and Donnie were able to work fairly well together early in the series, but after the plot becomes more focused on Karai and the Kraang Leo started trusting Donnie's judgement less and less.

I think maybe a majority of the episode Leo is probably kicking himself or is emotionally in the doldrums because of all they have lost. And yeah part of it would be taking things out on his bro's maybe Donnie and April. And then after his bro's and Casey are taken captives he remembers his brothers, April, and Casey are all he has left and if their gone he would have nothing.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:45 PM   #418
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
I'm not really sure if I love/hate Leo's new voice with only that clip...but I think it sounds okay so far


I don't really know much about the punk frogs...
but that frog has the most obnoxious design ever....I feel bad but I already hate him....
(unless I'm supposed to hate him...)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #419
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Ironman's military buddy. In the first movie, he was played by Terrence Howard, but then Howard began to bitch about something and Marvel replaced his ass with Don Cheadle for the rest of the series. What's even more amazing, the fact that Howard bitched even though he was the highest paid actor on the set, even more than RDJ!
His name is James Rhodes. Where did you get "Brody" at?
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #420
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
hmm, So Far I LIke Seth Green As Leonardo. It's also good to know that he won't be totally out of comission in the series premiere.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.