The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #1221
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Guys can you please carry this thrilling debate on in the 2003 part of the forum? Because this is the 2012 section.

How much airtime Hun got in 2003 isn't a discussion for a '2012 TMNT season 3 official info' thread. It's not relevant, and the arguing is a bit tedious.



Quote:
Who said Tiger Claw was being replaced?
I bloody well hope not.
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #1222
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
To be honest I wonder if Fishface will be kicked off the team due to his incompetence especially with Bebop and Rocksteady coming.

Unless Fishface gets double mutated to Armaggon he really has no point anymore. He was nothing more than comic relief in Season 2.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #1223
brosuke_hanamura
Random Punk
 
brosuke_hanamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
If he's based on Bruce Lee, he will probably look like this:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...s5bc5b59c.jpeg
Which Bruce Lee movie is this, I forget and its really bugging me
brosuke_hanamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #1224
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I understand why Raph fans are pissed, to heck even Casey is getting arc here dealing with Hun.

Over all though, season three sounds like it's really lacking a lot.

I'm not a fan of 80s horror flicks besides maybe Beetle Juice and maybe Ghost dad, so that nixes that for me.

Shipping ( Well I consider it shipping, I thought shipping meant people being paired that aren't canon yet, Donnie x April has not happened so ) Than we have this new girl who Mikey will be crushing on soon

I don't like that Tiger Claw is being replaced, liked Hun in the 2003 series and all but in the 2012 series Tiger Claw became a favorite of mine

Spirit Quest sounds cool, so does the Casey / Hun arc but...
He isn't being replaced
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #1225
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
found a video with April's mom
spoiler alert
Spoiler:
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #1226
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Probably because he means nothing to me? If I don't care about something, I forget about it.
He was in the OT series. Both him and Granitor were, but you saw Traag more. He was in charge of Krang's army and Rock Soldiers in the OT. He was also a pain, at times, to fight in the games (the original arcade game, The Manhattan Project[NES], Turtles in Time [arcade/SNES], Hyperstone Heist [Sega Genesis], for example). TBH, I am surprised you don't remember the character. Granitor, yeah, but Traag,not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
In regards to the next episode that I found refreshing (concerning Casey):
Spoiler:
It shows Casey being an actual human instead of a giant douchebag the entire episode. He has some pretty nice scenes with April. I feel like all he's ever doing lately is hitting on April, beating **** up, or acting like an ass. So its cool to see him sit down and talk with April like she's a real person.
Ah, sorta like how he was in Target April O'Neal. I like those types of Casey moments, where he's not coming across as egotistical or cocky, even though at times, it can be funny...like in that Hun vs Casey clip. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not if he doesn't have blonde hair. It would be as if Bebop didn't have a purple mohawk.
Bebop could have red hair in dreads, if he's Bebop, he's Bebop.

Look at the turtles themselves. They're different in design from previous incarnations. Raph has that chipped shell and plastron and is short and stocky. Mikey is short and freckly. Donnie is tall with a gapped tooth. Even Splinter's design was changed up a bit. He's tall as opposed to short and weak looking which is awesome because he will always be underestimated and then kick the butts of his enemies. For this incarnation, he'll always come across as intimidating.

How is this any different from Hun's reimagining of having someone who actually LOOKS Asian to be head of an Asian gang? Let me delve a bit further. What's wrong with having Hun actually LOOK Asian (in this case obviously Chinese) to be the head of a Chinese gang? With their names, it's obvious they're supposed to be Chinese.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I always suspected Hun to be Asian if we were to get him in this series. After all, the Purple Dragons seem to be an ethnic gang in this incarnation. I just expected him to be huge still.

I'm fine with Teenage Evil Bruce Lee though. Especially if he's Bauza.
Yeah, it's obvious that they're all supposed to be Chinese with those names. Evil Bruce Lee, I can get onboard with. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Spoiler:
He demutated back to Hun (no not really)
.
lol You know, out of all of the villains, though, Tigerclaw is the main one I really do want to see get demutated because he's too accepting of it. Seeing him struggle as a human would be amusing to see or speculate on, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I understand why Raph fans are pissed, to heck even Casey is getting arc here dealing with Hun.

Over all though, season three sounds like it's really lacking a lot.

I'm not a fan of 80s horror flicks besides maybe Beetle Juice and maybe Ghost dad, so that nixes that for me.

Shipping ( Well I consider it shipping, I thought shipping meant people being paired that aren't canon yet, Donnie x April has not happened so ) Than we have this new girl who Mikey will be crushing on soon

I don't like that Tiger Claw is being replaced, liked Hun in the 2003 series and all but in the 2012 series Tiger Claw became a favorite of mine

Spirit Quest sounds cool, so does the Casey / Hun arc but...
*blinks* You liked Ghost Dad? Really? Wow...you're probably the first person I've ever come across who actually does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosuke_hanamura View Post
Which Bruce Lee movie is this, I forget and its really bugging me
I know I've seen it too, but my mind is also blank. ><

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-12-2014 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Darn mistakes. Wrong comment for the wrong quote. ^^
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #1227
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
found a video with April's mom
spoiler alert
Spoiler:
"Except for Donnie. He's kinda a jerk."

Love it
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #1228
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
"Except for Donnie. He's kinda a jerk."

Love it
Casey and Donnie in this way I like because it's funny. Yeah, they may say such things, but you know they actually do like each other and wouldn't want anything to literally bad happen to one another. Kind of reminiscent of them insulting each other in the first movie.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #1229
Megchan
Foot Soldier
 
Megchan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
found a video with April's mom
spoiler alert
Spoiler:
Thank you for sharing BT!

Spoiler:
Since I've already snake's spoiler, it kinda takes a damper on the emotionally reunion between April and her "mother". :/


Well at least we now know April's mom died or disappeared or whatever when April was only six. Still looking forward to the episode, though.
__________________

Image by RamyB of TeeTurtle
Megchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #1230
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megchan View Post
Thank you for sharing BT!

Spoiler:
Since I've already snake's spoiler, it kinda takes a damper on the emotionally reunion between April and her "mother". :/


Well at least we now know April's mom died or disappeared or whatever when April was only six. Still looking forward to the episode, though.
I read his spoiler as well, but...
Spoiler:
I'm more convinced that April's mother disappeared as opposed to died given April's reaction in that clip, but I could be completely wrong, though, since it's too soon to fully say without seeing the two interact. Too bad before April fainted, she didn't say something like, "You should be---but how..." *faints*
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #1231
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Spoiler:
He demutated back to Hun.


(no not really)
Well, I could see that happening actually, given they have the same voice actor
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #1232
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I read his spoiler as well, but...
Spoiler:
I'm more convinced that April's mother disappeared as opposed to died given April's reaction in that clip, but I could be completely wrong, though, since it's too soon to fully say without seeing the two interact. Too bad before April fainted, she didn't say something like, "You should be---but how..." *faints*
Spoiler:
At the end of the episode April talks about how her mom could still be out there so it's likely we will get to see the real Mama April.


I missed recording the beginning of the episode, which features a funny bit:
Spoiler:
The turtles ninja-clean the house. Includes a hilarious scene of Leonardo meticulously cleaning the windows saying, "Window cleaner on, window cleaner off."

But I figured people wanted to see Mom. So I only took a small clip so I wasn't being the dick in the audience with the glowing phone in the way for the whole episode.
My other clips from NYCC are on that account, fyi. I posted them all a while back but this thread moves fast.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:43 PM   #1233
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Spoiler:
I'm telling you guys, just wait until you see this episode. They do some spooky sh*t in it. I must've jumped 3 times.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #1234
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
found a video with April's mom
spoiler alert
Spoiler:
Soo...
Spoiler:
April's mom went away when she was 6 eh? Hmm...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #1235
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Her scream at the beginning sounded exactly like 80's April, man Renae could still do the voice
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 12:47 AM   #1236
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Spoiler:
I'm telling you guys, just wait until you see this episode. They do some spooky sh*t in it. I must've jumped 3 times.
Spoiler:
This episode has the greatest Mikey/Ice Cream Kitty moment eveeer.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:56 AM   #1237
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
He was in the OT series. Both him and Granitor were, but you saw Traag more. He was in charge of Krang's army and Rock Soldiers in the OT. He was also a pain, at times, to fight in the games (the original arcade game, The Manhattan Project[NES], Turtles in Time [arcade/SNES], Hyperstone Heist [Sega Genesis], for example).
Traag was only in the first game you mentioned.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #1238
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Traag was only in the first game you mentioned.
Yeah, you're right. The other games mentioned just had a bunch of Traag looking Rock Soldiers. It's been a long time since I've played either game.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #1239
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Spoiler:
This episode has the greatest Mikey/Ice Cream Kitty moment eveeer.
Spoiler:
I know. You were at NYCC? We could've saw each other and never even knew.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #1240
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post

I missed recording the beginning of the episode, which features a funny bit:

Spoiler:
The turtles ninja-clean the house. Includes a hilarious scene of Leonardo meticulously cleaning the windows saying, "Window cleaner on, window cleaner off."
Spoiler:
This is referencing to the 2nd movie, where the turtles are cleaning April's place and Mikey is cleaning the kitchen worktop saying 'Wax on, Wax off'
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.