The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #121
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Can't wait to see how much more human they look. Maybe they'll finally have the full human nose and...ears? C'mon, they need ears, right?
I'll pay full price at the theater if they add ears to 3 of the 4. 4 out of 4 is a deal breaker though.
I think you forgot the overly detailed green human dicks and an extra two fingers in the hand, I'm mean, who needs tail penises right? Have em fly right out for the kids to see. And while you're at it, add a cap, shirt, and ripped up trenchcoat with a stupid pun on it, cause that's cool right?dont forget, extra expensive belt buckles that just happened to fall in the sewer and pilgrim shoes for Donnie, cause he's a nerd! Get it? That's funny! HAHAHAHA FVCK YOU ALL ENJOY THE MOVIE BIT@hes!!!!!! -Michael bay and co.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:19 PM   #122
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
When I'm starting to see the fans of these movies get worried. You better believe I'm beyond worried here.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #123
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
When I'm starting to see the fans of these movies get worried. You better believe I'm beyond worried here.
You better be worried.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:32 PM   #124
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
The **** are they thinking I mean **** they look like ****ing strippers they dont belong on top of cakes they look like be popping out of them. What are Bebop and Rocksteady going to look like there going to be giants. Hell there whole shtick is there bigger meaner and more powerful then the turtles there enemies that need to be taken out using there Ninja skills, brains, and team work. With out that there whole purpose is completely useless. These guys look like they could take on the whole Triceraton forces and make them there bitches. They learned nothing from the last film they know kids are dumb and they will go see anything and the fanbase will just go well theirs the third movie and the Music tour is **** so who cares if this is too but will go see it anyway. So of course why bother trying.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:33 PM   #125
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
What the hell with these designs ?? I mean I really like the 2K14 turtles but come one does Donnie realy have latex trousers ?? And what above Raph gloves ? Damn I hope they made a mistake on colours, because it looks very bad. However guys, we now have the proof that the asia fahion life size turtles are not from the second film.
letscook89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #126
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Do you think the reason these movie Turtles wear pants and loin clothes is because they have humanoid penises? I mean that's probably the only explanation. They have humanoid faces, nostrils and bodies so maybe their reproductive organs are humanoid too for that matter.

No wonder they keep them covered.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:27 AM   #127
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I was thinking about it earlier, & I think I actually figured out what it is (assuming it's not for toy sales or just the sake of flair/being different).

Flexibility. The animators have no idea how to make the TMNT have fluid motion in combat because of the the plastron. It would hinder movement in real life. IDW & Nick make it bend, but that'd look weird as hell in a live action movie (it was foam in the old joints & quite noticeably so). I'm thinking they were like "Man, f*ck this noise, just cover their bottom halves entirely, it'll work out.".
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #128
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you think the reason these movie Turtles wear pants and loin clothes is because they have humanoid penises? I mean that's probably the only explanation. They have humanoid faces, nostrils and bodies so maybe their reproductive organs are humanoid too for that matter.

No wonder they keep them covered.
I don't think they do... I think that some suit at Platinum Dunes THINKS that we think they do.

I promise you, this all started when the PD people were flipping through stacks of Mirage comics, looking for "iconic images" to mine for storyboard imagery, and some ignorant fool saw their tails exposed and said, "Wait... WHY are their DICKS out?! Oh, god, is THIS what our kids have been looking at?!" And it all snowballed from there until they were wearing pants.

There's zero chance it went down any other way. Because people really are that dumb. Want proof? Find any article online about TMNT that uses any piece of Mirage artwork, the Comments section will be full of people asking why the Turtles' dicks are out. Every time. If most of the "fans" can't tell it's a tail, then I promise you the PD executives don't, either, and they just don't want to get any phone calls from Midwestern soccer mommies, asking why the Turtles are "naked".

It's all just one big ball of stupid.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:37 AM   #129
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I was thinking about it earlier, & I think I actually figured out what it is (assuming it's not for toy sales or just the sake of flair/being different).

Flexibility. The animators have no idea how to make the TMNT have fluid motion in combat because of the the plastron. It would hinder movement in real life. IDW & Nick make it bend, but that'd look weird as hell in a live action movie (it was foam in the old joints & quite noticeably so). I'm thinking they were like "Man, f*ck this noise, just cover their bottom halves entirely, it'll work out.".
Yes, I'm positive this is the reason too, But, they could have solved it in a different way.
For example, change their gait, and reduce the angle of the plastron/carapace to avoid skin - Shell friction.

Pants are the easy way out.

Leather pants on the other hand....well now... Hey-yo!

Last edited by Commenter 42; 12-01-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:56 AM   #130
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Not justifying it by any means, I agree with you. Just sayin'.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:01 AM   #131
Commenter 42
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not justifying it by any means, I agree with you. Just sayin'.
Yeah - It's clear that's part of the reason, with the other part being turtle junk.
Which, is stupid as hell, but given everything else...

B&R are going to make my year... I can feel it already.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:11 AM   #132
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,486
The pants are blue Blue Popo.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #133
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I mean, who the f*** is Raphael fisting, with his elbow-length fetish-glove?!
Fanfic will provide the answer.

Or maybe Splinter just needs to take his Blink 182 albums away?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
Raphael will carry two large guns with his sais strapped to the bottom of them like bayonets.

At the end of the movie he'll blow Krang away and say "Cowa-mother f*cking-bunga, bitch."
For the love of god, don't give them any more ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
I....I, I really don't know what to say. PANTS?! PANTS?!
I think we should refer to this latest horrifying chapter in The Great Movie Wars as Pantsgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
They're either stunningly incompetent or willfully spiteful at this point.
Survey says "both".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Tonight he dines on Turtle soup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
NO, NINJA, NO, NINJA, NO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Leather is the stealthiest fabric.
Damnit, the three of you nearly made me spew diet ginger ale out my nose!


Seriously though - why did they name this "Half Shell" when they could've called it something more appropriate, like... "Bayturtles 2: Hellbent For Leather"?

The tagline could've been: "If you thought this movie was going to be an improvement on the last... You've Got Another Thing Coming!"

"The NYPD are after them because they're..."

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #134
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Leonardo seems to be wearing a tied up hakama with tabi, so. 1 of the Turtles lower half is more "ninja" then the entirety of the first movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:05 AM   #135
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Hmm I will wait until we get true pics of the turtles, because these figures are godamn awful. the paint application is really bad and I do hope that the black and grey parts are unpainted parts, because I can't imagine a second how on earth raph and donnie would have latex parts...
letscook89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:26 AM   #136
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I made a crappy mock-up for those of y'all who can't make out the sculps. You can clearly see what parts are flesh/wraps/pants/etc.



& I sh*t you not, the captcha I filled out in order to upload this was "Fancy pants".

Last edited by Powder; 12-01-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 04:42 AM   #137
Etsyturtle2
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: stuff
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I made a crappy mock-up for those of y'all who can't make out the sculps. You can clearly see what parts are flesh/wraps/pants/etc.

http://i66.tinypic.com/izm61k.png
That is very helpful, thanks.
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:50 AM   #138
bushido
Stone Warrior
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: France
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I made a crappy mock-up for those of y'all who can't make out the sculps. You can clearly see what parts are flesh/wraps/pants/etc.

http://i66.tinypic.com/izm61k.png
Nice work. Now I need to wash my eyes.
__________________
bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:18 AM   #139
letscook89
Foot Soldier
 
letscook89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 209
Great work man, they look way better like that. However, i'm still worried by the black parts. I really hope it's not latex...
letscook89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #140
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Definitely a lot clearer - nice work, Powder.

And man, they're really doubling down on the "designs that are going to age super terribly" aesthetic, aren't they?
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
benjamin shhhh, complaining :p, destroying my childhood!, horror, michael bay's tmnt, someonestopthemadness, tags added by autobot, the fancypants rants, thinkofthechildren, trollortreater bitching


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.