The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #661
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Six inches is still too big for the old toys, though.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #662
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Whoop, edited my post. As it turns out, there are TWO versions of the Classics figures, the ToysRUs exclusive 10-11 inchers and the 6 inch versions that are sold everywhere else.
Ah, well. More to buy. I'll get both versions!

I hope all of these lines do well so we can continue with more characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Six inches I still too big for the old toys, though.
Playmates isn't trying to replicate the old toys from the 80s. They are trying to replicate what they looked like in the actual show from the 80s. They probably don't care that these releases are not in scale with 25 year old toys.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #663
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Has this Nick Storage Shell pic been posted yet?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #664
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
This absolutely made my day. I like the Classic Line way more than I tought I would, but I do agree with those who say that they look more like a mixture of things than something straight from the OT. Really hope Karl Aaronian means what he's saying about expanding the line to another incarnations.

I feel a bit weird about the Nick ones. On one hand, the figures look killer, but they also look quite different to the promo images from the show we've seen so far. Despite the three toes, I really was digging the designs, and was hoping for a 100% accurate toy line. The clay look that some are disliking looks fantastic to me, and I wanted to see that in the figures.

Overall, I'm so ready to give them my money.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #665
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
maaaaaybe, Jester.. but now i see that storage shell is impossible on the 6 inch Classics...... now i'm wanting to figure out the articulation and reasoning behind the belt being the way it is.
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #666
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I sure hope they're right. *wipes brow from worrying and head shaking*
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #667
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Overall, I'm so ready to give them my money.


..
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #668
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Ah, well. More to buy. I'll get both versions!

I hope all of these lines do well so we can continue with more characters.



Playmates isn't trying to replicate the old toys from the 80s. They are trying to replicate what they looked like in the actual show from the 80s. They probably don't care that these releases are not in scale with 25 year old toys.
But they should, especially since the replicating the show bit seems to have failed.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #669
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
Darn shame. The MTV videos won't broadcast in the UK.

Liking the pics. Will make a final judgement when I see and handle these figures in the plastic.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #670
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Has this Nick Storage Shell pic been posted yet?
Ah...then the 10 inch TRU exclusive shell storage figures he was talking about must be these. There are probably only 6 inch versions of the Classics.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #671
Nelson
Stone Warrior
 
Nelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Playmates isn't trying to replicate the old toys from the 80s. They are trying to replicate what they looked like in the actual show from the 80s. They probably don't care that these releases are not in scale with 25 year old toys.
That's what they say they're doing, but the figures say otherwise.

In any case I think 6 inch is great.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #672
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
wow, I am definitely looking forward to checking out the 6 inch classic line when it hits stores! Does anyone know when these new figures will be hitting stores?
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #673
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Ah...then the 10 inch TRU exclusive shell storage figures he was talking about must be these. There are probably only 6 inch versions of the Classics.
And now, the confusion and mass hysteria sets in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
That's what they say they're doing, but the figures say otherwise.

In any case I think 6 inch is great.
The figures look very much like how the turtles looked in the 80s cartoon.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #674
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
SRKJGNHELTJHNRASKDFM;XDFNBS;OD O;HAE5H;P3IORSAMBW5EA OR;IEWAFBVANLOUQAE;ONRUBHQAE;OHNGRVA;OTUFBGVnae; osic 4ptow8hgseirhgjlaneiqbw5ehdogb9ilnfh7bde8o5vse;5bo hnG'Hwb;t i8h6[aneb'[n0

I believe this sums up my excitement properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Whoop, edited my post. As it turns out, there are TWO versions of the Classics figures, the ToysRUs exclusive 10-11 inchers and the 6 inch versions that are sold everywhere else.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS VARIANTS~


I love how everybody looks. Shredder, Splinter, etc.


EVERYTHING IS MAKING ME HAPPY.

YES.

YES.

YES.

I came.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #675
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Playmates isn't trying to replicate the old toys from the 80s. They are trying to replicate what they looked like in the actual show from the 80s. They probably don't care that these releases are not in scale with 25 year old toys.
Exactly! MOTUC tower over the original figures... and i'd rather them do the old figure colors.... anybody else notice the big difference with Mikey's color and the rest of the fellas? lol
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #676
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obbie View Post
Exactly! MOTUC tower over the original figures... and i'd rather them do the old figure colors.... anybody else notice the big difference with Mikey's color and the rest of the fellas? lol
Mike has a more contrasting green color to him. But there are slight differences, at least that's what I'm seeing on my monitor.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #677
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
not too found of how lacking the articulation looks on the non-turtle characters.

Smells a bit 07 movie figures all over again
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #678
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
And now, the confusion and mass hysteria sets in...
Yeah, the wording of that tweet confused me, so I thought he was talking about 10 inch versions of the Classics figures. Seeing a pic of the 10 inch storage shell Nick figures makes me think that he meant them.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:16 PM   #679
Obbie
Thug
 
Obbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohiya
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Mike has a more contrasting green color to him. But there are slight differences, at least that's what I'm seeing on my monitor.
i can see the differences... but Mikey REALLY stands out.. lol
Obbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #680
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
If the new figs are 4.25" to 4.75" then that means they're compatible with the vintage turtles!! Then that Sewer Playset has become more tempting now!
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.